Friday, September 09, 2005

Quick finished project.


I love this set. I really must write a pattern for it. It actually turned out pretty much exactly the way I'd hoped. The hat, at least. The sockies too. They're surprisingly easy; much simpler I think than my previous attempt at newborn sockies, even the two-color version. I'll work up a pattern for them too.

This is another set I was going to send to Lackland, before they told my mother to tell me not to bother. Fine. I still would like to have a good source to send these to back home. I've not much patience with local "charity." Hawaii is willing to help if asked. Texas offered. I live in Honolulu, but I'm from San Antonio. That is a hard city to explain. Let me put it this way. They're having scheduling problems with the volunteers. Because so many want to volunteer. My mother called to ask about volunteering (my mother, who has never had a charitable bone in her life, except when it came to recieving, but that's another topic altogether) and they said it would be well more than a week before they could use her. Hey, it was less than 24 hours after I originally got the go-ahead from Lackland until they were overwhelmed with donations. And this isn't unusual. There is the annual Raul Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner. Last year, they served close to 25,000 people and had 4,000 volunteers. And this has been going on as long as I have been alive. Nothing coming close exists anywhere else I have lived.

Sigh. None of that has to do with crocheting, of course. I'm pregnant enough that I can't sleep; I'm grouchier than usual.

No comments: