Friday, November 11, 2005

WIP-sampler afghan

I've decided to give the finished project to my oldest for Christmas. Which, of course, means I need to actually finish it by Christmas. Thus far, I have 12 squares finished.

Of course, they're actually more rectangular than square.

And I've deviated repeatedly from the sampler squares in the 63 Easy-to-Crochet Stitches or whatever the heck the book is called...I don't want any holey squares, and that cancels out a lot of them. No biggie; I've a ton of stitch books I can cull appropriate patterns from.

I'll hate life when it comes time to join them together, but I've already decided I'm going to crochet them together instead of sewing them. Goes a lot quicker that way, I've found.

Nothing else exciting going on. I'm not getting a whole heck of a lot of time to crochet, because Esther has to nurse just about every waking minute, it seems. But I want to crochet a lot of the Christmas gifts this year...

No comments: