Sunday, November 20, 2005

Finally got my calendar.

We were at Sam's today and I saw the 2006 Crochet Pattern a Day calendar for less than $9, so I grabbed it. Oddly, we wound up not getting what we actually went there for...But at least that was because they didn't have it.

And the first thing I have to say is, "Dudes, you owe me some patterns!" Silly me for taking it at face value. Ah well.

Second thing, "Geez, aren't there enough scarf patterns in this world already?" Seriously. I think there's one doily, and a good 15 or 20 scarf patterns. Not that I'm a huge doily fan, but geez. And that's to say nothing of the ponchos which are so last year.

I'm not using it as a calendar. I hope I'm not the only one. I'm going through it right now sorting out the patterns I actually might want to do from the ones that just aren't going to happen. I'm glad for the gloves pattern. Too bad I never had it when I lived somewhere I actually needed gloves. I have always been horrible at keeping up with gloves.

If I've got time, a few of them will wind up as Christmas gifts. I'm torn between making the Mobius shawl/scarf or the Monk's Hood for my best friend. Depends on if he's still cross-dressing these days, I guess. It's hard to keep up with the latest oddities when you're a couple thousand miles away. (How far is it from Hawaii to Texas, anyway?) I'd make something cute for my one remaining female friend, but how do you top naming your daughter after her?

OK, I'm in obvious need of sleep. That last sentence was actually funny to me...

No comments: