Sunday, August 26, 2007

Absolute silliness

Conversations over at Mama Drama about what to give a breast-obsessed child for her first birthday and the butt obsession my own kids seem to have led to someone joking that I should knit my kids a butt for their birthday.

Of course, I don't knit. So what I came up with was this:
This, of course, is a butt-shaped bean bag. This is what happens when I am bored and in an ornery mood. I crochet rear-ends. (Well, actually, this is the only one I plan on ever making.)

I'm a little scared by how quickly my mind solved the "how do I crochet a butt" conundrum. Answer? Make two hemispheres, whipstitch them together partially (then put another line of stitching further down, to hold the halves together), and then crochet around the unused stitches to bring it together & finish it off as one piece.

I filled it with good ol' Texas pinto beans, which adds another layer to the joke.

Sigh. Still no progress in the boy's shirt field, but should the little tyke be born assless, I know what to do for a prosthesis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the best crocheted butt I've ever seen!!!! LOL... are you going to embellish it.. say maybe a tattoo or something !! That's so funny! Thanks for the chuckle!

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest blog post I've seen in a long time. If the tyke comes out assless?

Lockheed said...

not butt... BRAIN