Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shrug

Not common for me, but I'm putting the photos first tonight:



I know, I know, she's cute. The shrug doesn't exactly go with her dress, but I wasn't staging the photos, just trying to get them taken before putting her to sleep, that's why she's already in bed. She's also wondering why I'm taking photos instead of nursing her, LOL. You can tell it especially in that last photo; it looks like she's about to take a flying leap at me to try to latch on.

The technicals:
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (what a surprise, eh?)
Hook: I
Technique: I measured from wrist-to-wrist and then crocheted a rectangle a little longer than necessary. The stitch is a modified V-stitch, 2 HDCs in the space between the 2HDC groups in the previous row. Then I made ruffled cuffs by simply putting 2DCs in each stitch, and then doing ch-2, slst in the back loops of the DCs, then just sewed it up partially to have sleeves.

This is the first shrug I have ever made and is likely to be the only one, unless I make them for the elder girls as well. Not sure yet if I will or not. It worked up pretty fast, or would have if I hadn't kept putting it aside to make stuff to sell. I'm trying to reach some sort of balance between merchandise & personal projects. I doubt I'll have anything else for sale before May, just because I want to concentrate right now on making the girls things for Easter. I'm contemplating amigurumi bunnies.

3 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Oh how cute! The shrug ain't bad either! ;-)

Pam said...

This is so darn cute I can't stand it! !! It fits her just perfect! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Aww a shrug for a baby! :D