Friday, March 03, 2006

200 Crochet Blocks & a purse...


I just finished this up today. Made two blocks from the book 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, & Afghans, then crocheted them together with a single crochet and did no-chain single crochet for the handle. So the joining and handle are all the same piece.

I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn & a 5mm hook. Each block came out 9" long, but it's fairly obvious by looking at them that they're not square. I was hoping I could recreate one or both to send off to the Crochet Dude for his Heartmade Blessings square drive, but those squares need to be 12" and, well, square. So, back to the drawing board on that.

I actually made a sale! The ZigZag Halter top is gone. I actually got a fair amount of interest in it, which means I need to make more. Especially in different sizes. I'm thinking of doing several different ones with the same basic top but a variety of stitches on the bottom. Right now, though, I'm working on a size 0 - 3 months Easter dress. On that one I'm thinking solid stitch bodice and a very full lacework skirt. I'll have to make a matching diaper cover...

No comments: