Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's cross-stitch! No, it's knit! No, it's...What the heck is it?

Poor husband. Takes his crocheting to work and learns to feel my pain about no one being able to tell what the heck he's doing. This is karmic payback for all the times he has called my crocheting knitting. The usual assumption, of course, is knitting. Because we all know how much one just-more-than-hand-sized hook looks exactly like two very long needles. But he even had one particularly clever shipmate comment upon his cross stitching.

***

I have never made an afghan. Well, I should be more honest. I have never finished an afghan. I have one I started for Robert years ago that is almost finished, but I have to find the P hook I was using on it and be actually willing to spread a blanket in my lap in Hawaii. I am so pathetic. It is a nice striped afghan and needs only one more cycle of the colors to be finished, but I've since used the yarn for other things, so I'd need to buy more...

Anyway, I've wandered off, creatively, from the girl's sweater. I'll finish it eventually, but I can't keep my mind on it right now. I picked up another copy of 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches... at Wal-Mart a short time ago, & now I'm working on it. Thought it would make a nice early labor project. So of course the contractions I was having stopped. Story of the pregnancy. Sigh. I'm using the yarn from another abandoned project (which was worked from some now-forgotten pattern), and since it's all done in squares I don't have to worry about it being too hot to work with, though I know already I'm going to hate life when it's time to assemble all the squares. Perhaps I'll actually finish this one, though I have no clue what the heck to do with it when I do complete it. Not a lot of need for afghans hereabouts...


No comments: