Monday, May 14, 2007

Yummy yarn goodness.

Arguably the best thing about being a conservative is that I can be unabashed in my love of Wal-Mart (I've never been able to afford to hate them, but that's another story). This is a salient crochet point because it allows me to sometimes get great deals on yarn.

To wit:
Isn't it gorgeous? Two big skeins of cottony goodness for $9. Total. A savings of $4 off the normal Wal-Mart price, and God only knows how much elsewhere.

I got this at a Wal-Mart on the south side, near my mother's house. It's not my usual style, being pink and orange and yellow and white, but it somehow manages to come together quite well.

The Wal-Marts near my house never seem to have stuff like this. The only Bernat I typically see at any WM, for that matter, is their baby yarn, and sometimes their novelty yarns. This was in a clearance section, and if I'd had the money I could have gotten two or three more skeins of this, or several of another color.

Take a look at this close-up:

Gorgeous, isn't it? It's going to make a cute toddler sundress or two.

Speaking of which! I totally forgot to show off the dresses I sewed for the older two:

That's the best picture I could get, & it was taken at the end of the night, thus the glassy looks. They love 'em, though, & they seem to be very comfortable.

No comments: