This redhead was made first. I made her with the plan of selling her, and was lucky enough to find a lady who wanted not only her but also a cousin for her.
So I made the blonde, finished her up last night in fact. I had a lot of fun with that dress, I wanted a princessy sort of look.
Both of these were made with a 4mm hook and yarn I already had on hand. The orange dress the redhead has on is Microspun; I can't remember the brand of. It's my usual soft baby yarn, anyway.
I make the bodies and hair of these dolls from worsted weight yarn, & then go down to sport weight for their clothes, which seems to work out the best.
I am also nearly finished with the mermaid; she awaits only her arms. Of course, I put her aside for the customer.